Governance and ComplaintsReturn to Key Information
Within Prosper Learning Trust there are three layers of governance:
- Have an overarching responsibility for the viability and performance of the Trust through the appointment of Trustees and approval of the annual report
- Have the power to amend the Articles of Association that govern the way the Trust is constituted and managed, including the contraction or expansion of the portfolio
- Enter into the funding agreement with the Secretary of State
- Are legally responsible both to the Secretary of State and to parents and pupils for the running of the Academy Trust and the academies within it
- We currently ask that members meet once a year, but could be asked to meet more on occasions.
- Establish the overall strategic direction of the Trust and setting the values by which it will work
- Hold the CEO to account for the overall performance of the Trust and each academy within it
- Ensuring financial probity and value for money across the Trust
- A much more hands on role than members. There is a minimum of 5 board meetings annually and Trustees can be expected to sit on at least one committee which meets prior to most board meetings
Local Advisory Committee
- To support the Trust in pursuit of its vision and overall aims
- To promote high standards ensuring that pupils attend a successful Academy
- To hold the Academy Lead to account for academic performance, quality of care and provision
- To have strategic oversight of the day to day running of the academy including safety and well-being
- A Local Advisory Committee will meet 4-6 times a year.
At Prosper Learning Trust we recognise diversity is important and are mindful of the need for our governance bodies to be refelctive of the local communities they serve. We actively encourage expressions of interest from across all ages, genders and ethnicities.
To contact the Members or Trustees please email:
If you are unhappy or have concerns about the Trust or a person associated with the Trust then you may wish to make a complaint, in the first instance complaints should be addressed to Christopher Richardson (Chief Executive Officer), please contact:
If your complaint is about the Chief Executive Officer, it should be made to Joanne Clifford Swan, Chair of Trustees, Prosper Learning Trust , Drayton Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 3RU.
Below are all the key documents for the Trust: