- Start Date: 1st September 2021
- Application Close: Monday 17th May, 2021
- Pay/Salary: Salary: Grade N5 £22,627 - £24,491 per annum, 37 hours pw, Full year position
Marketing and Communications/Central Services Support Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Job start: 1st September 2021
Salary: Grade N5 £22,627 – £24,491 per annum, 37 hours pw, Full year position
Contract Type: Fixed term to 31st August 2022 – Maternity Cover
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
We’re looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Marketing and Communications/Central Services Support Assistant who will play a key role in creating and delivering engaging and inspiring content across a range of media and digital channels, whilst also supporting a busy Central Services Team.
Prosper Learning Trust was formed in January 2018 and currently consists of four schools
- Newcastle Bridges School – Alternative Provision Academy (Newcastle)
- Mary Astell Academy – Alternative Provision Academy (Newcastle)
- Thomas Bewick School – Special School Academy (Newcastle)
- Harry Watts Academy – Special School Academy (Sunderland)
We are an ambitious growing Trust and will open a new Special Free School in Northumberland in academic year 2022/2023.
This is an extremely exciting time in the development of Prosper Learning Trust with this appointment seen as crucial to ensure effective engagement with parents in schools but also in promoting the Trust.
Key responsibilities will be:
- To champion the use of edTalk (school news platform) across the Trust and encourage and support staff in identifying opportunities for positive promotion of the Trust and schools/academies via edTalk
- To moderate news stories placed on edTalk for each school/academy within the Trust and post/schedule to relevant social media channels using edTalk
- To monitor all Trust and school/academy social media channels, flagging any issues to the relevant staff
- To provide each school with monthly edTalk, social media insights and google analytics reports to inform them of usage and engagement
- To assist with the development, maintenance and review of the Trust and school/academy websites, ensuring they are compliant eg: DfE guidelines, accessibility guidelines, etc.
- To respond to enquiries arising from a variety of sources and take subsequent action
- To work on designated operations related projects
- To support the Executive Support Officer to carry out PA duties to executive leaders
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent computer skills, website content management system and social media management experience and an ability to learn new software systems as required
- Highly effective writing skills, ability to produce interesting and informative content
- Good planning and organisational skills with the ability to work to strict deadlines for advertising and publications
- Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to manage time effectively, use initiative and be professional with a flexible attitude
- Be able to plan for and implement new initiatives
We offer the successful candidate:
- The opportunity to work with a dedicated, innovative and focused team of staff who are passionate about ensuring that every pupil achieves their full potential
- The opportunity to further develop marketing, communications and administrative skills
- The opportunity to develop professionally and personally
The role will be based initially at Thomas Bewick School. Travel between school sites will be required.
We would be delighted to welcome you to our wonderful organisation. If you would like to speak to Jen McCreery, Trust Operations Manager, about the role please phone 0191 229 6020 and select option 7.
Prosper is an Equal Opportunities employer and is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service and go through a range of other recruitment checks.
Completed applications should be returned to HRadmin@prosperlearningtrust.co.uk or by post to Prosper Learning Trust, Linhope Road, West Denton, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE5 2LW by the closing date, by post. Please mark your application “Private and Confidential”.
Closing date for applications: 17th May 2021
Interviews will be held: week commencing 7th June 2021