- Start Date: 4th January 2021
- Application Close: Friday 4th Dec, 2020
- Pay/Salary: Salary: N7 (£29,577 - £32,910)
Estates Management Officer
Job start: 04/01/2021 (or as near to date as possible)
Salary: N7 (£29,577 – £32,910)
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Prosper Learning Trust are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Estates Management Officer to join the Trust central team. The successful candidate will be forward thinking, and preferably have previous schools/education estates/premises experience. You should hold a relevant facilities management qualification or have substantial experience in supervising site staff and/or external contractors. Please refer to the job description and person specification for further details.
You will lead and oversee the estate management programme for the Trust including premises, facilities, Health & Safety, contract management and capital works. Reporting to the Trust Operations Manager, the successful candidate is likely to be initially based at Thomas Bewick School, with a significant proportion of time in schools. The successful candidate must be able to meet the travel requirements of the post which will regularly include visits to any of the Trust schools during each working day.
Prosper Learning Trust was formed in January 2018 and currently consists of four schools
- Newcastle Bridges School – Alternative Provision Academy (Newcastle)
- Mary Astell Academy – Alternative Provision Academy (Newcastle)
- Thomas Bewick School – Special School Academy (Newcastle)
- Harry Watts Academy – Special School Academy (Sunderland)
We are an ambitious growing Trust and will open a new Special Free School in Northumberland in September 2022.
This is an extremely exciting time in the development of Prosper Learning Trust with this appointment seen as crucial in increasing our central team capacity to enable the organisation to move forward with its strategic growth plans.
We offer the successful candidate:
- The opportunity to work with a dedicated, innovative and focused team of staff, Governors and Trustees who are passionate about ensuring that every pupil achieves their full potential
- The opportunity to develop professionally and personally
- The support and resources from a considerate and supportive Trust
- The opportunity to help shape the strategic direction of the organisation
- Professional support from the Trust and other leaders within the organisation
We would be delighted to welcome you to our wonderful organisation. If you would like to speak to Jen McCreery, Trust Operations Manager, about the role please email Victoria.email@example.com or phone 0191 229 6020 (option 7).
Prosper is an Equal Opportunities employer and is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and anyone applying to work within the Trust is expected to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory fully enhanced DBS check and references being received. Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain an enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service and go through a range of other recruitment checks.
Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Prosper Learning Trust, Linhope Road, West Denton, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE5 2LW by the closing date, by post. Please mark your application “Private and Confidential”.
Closing date for applications: 4th December 2020 at noon
Interviews will be held: 10th December 2020
Please note: Application Forms must be accompanied by a completed Safe Recruitment Form and CVs cannot be accepted.